St. Richard’s Episcopal School has many opportunities for students of all ages to participate in music programs both within the classroom and through various clubs.
- The Pre-Kindergarten and Junior Kindergarten students have music three times per week for 20 minutes; Kindergarten classes meet for 30 minutes.
- The Lower Division has general music classes two times per week for 40 minutes. Lower Division students can also join the Singing Dragons, which meets before school on Tuesday mornings. A strings program is offered and meets weekly on Mondays concurrently with general music classes.
- In the Middle Division, general music classes meet two times per week for 40 minutes. The Middle Division has girls and boys ensembles, the Dragonettes and Dragontones, which meet once a week and are scheduled and graded as a class.
- St. Richard’s music program has strong partnerships, such as one with Young Voices of Indianapolis. Both music teachers serve in leadership roles of the program, with one being its founder and director. While students from many schools participate, St. Richard’s houses the program and many St. Richard's students are active members. Students who sing in Young Voices of Indianapolis choirs teach monthly music classes for children at The Julian Center. SRES choirs also perform at several nursing homes and have been particularly welcomed in Alzheimer's units.
- St. Richard’s students can also take piano and strings lessons during aftercare.