St. Richard's places a strong emphasis on experiential learning. Bringing learning to life through community partnerships is an essential part of the learning experience.
- The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, the world’s largest children’s museum, is within walking distance of campus. SRES is a museum partner school, which affords students unlimited access.
- Crown Hill Cemetery, the second largest cemetery in the country, and the Indianapolis Museum of Art are a just a short bus ride away. Conner Prairie living history museum and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway are each an easy commute along with the Indianapolis Zoo. State and city-government headquarters are three miles from campus.
- St. Richard’s partnership with Trinity Episcopal Church plays an important role in the lives of students, parents, faculty and staff. Common special worship times, such as Lessons and Carols and Easter, bring members of the church and school together.
- St. Richard’s also sponsors and houses Horizons. Middle Division students and alumni are often assistants and mentors under direct supervision of the Horizon’s staff. Middle Division students also mentor several Horizons students at IPS School #60 two times a month throughout the academic year.
- The Indianapolis Public Library is even closer. SRES is part of the Indianapolis Public Library Shared System, giving students, faculty, and parents access to the entire system’s collection. The library also hosts exhibits of SRES student artwork.